Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cafe Rio Salads


I was missing a good salad from Cafe Rio today and decided it was time to make the salad for my self. I got this really good recipe from a girl I used to work with and it turned out quite yummy. We even had the sweet meat to go along with it! Just thought I would share the goodness that I'm sure all of us Ohioians are missing from Utah.

Cafe Rio Dressing:
1 c. Mayo
2 cloves of garlic
2 tomatillos (it's by the chili's in the produce section)
1 pkg. Hidden Valley buttermilk ranch mix
1/2 c. butter milk
1/2 c. cilantro

Blend well in blender
(will thicken upon standing)

Sweet pork or chicken:
2-3 Chicken breasts
1 c. of your favorite salsa
1 c. brown sugar

Mix salsa and brown sugar well and pour over meat
Cook in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours
Take 2 forks and shred meat one hour before its done!
(we also use this for burritos or tacos)
(my favorite salsa is the Newman's Own black bean and corn salsa)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Made this dressing for the second time last night. MMMMM!! So tasty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete