Friday, July 3, 2009

Yummi Panini

First of all, I have to brag because I got this Panini maker for 5 bucks at a garage sale, not bad Julie......not bad!
Since then, we have had about 12 days of Panini making fun. The recipe below is by far our favorite.

Source: My sister Christie with my own modifications
1 Loaf french bread, sliced or plain ciabatia rolls
Spinach
Pesto sauce
Tomatoes sliced thinly
Mozzarella cheese
Grilled chicken
EVOO

Spread pesto sauce on bread, top with tomatoes, cheese, chicken and spinach. Brush out side of bread with evoo. Place in Panini maker (or put in the oven at 400 with a pan on top and on bottom of the sandwich) for 8-10 minutes.
*I love love love Cavendars seasoning. It is the best steak, chicken and fish seasoning in the whole wide world. We grill 3-4 chicken breast with it and slice it thinly. We store the extra chicken in the fridge so we can enjoy the goodness of these Panini's every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment